Here are some reasons you may want to seek lactation support:
* You are experiencing pain when feeding
* You have swollen or tender breasts
* You have had breast reduction surgery
* You are experiencing engorgement, plugged ducts, thrush, or mastitis
* You have questions about pumping
* Baby is premature
* Baby is ill or jaundiced
* Baby has had fewer than 4 bowel movements in 24-hours
* Baby is having difficulty maintaining a latch
* Baby has not regained their birth weight by two weeks or losing weight after 3 days post birth
* Baby isn't making audible swallowing sounds during feedings
* Baby is feeding less than 8 times in 24 hours
Do you need lactation support?
What is an IBCLC?
The International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is the leading expert in the field of lactation. The IBCLC provides assistance to families in a variety of settings, including hospitals, birth centers, and through private practice and works with the maternal-child health care team to assist the breastfeeding dyad achieve their breastfeeding goals.
The IBCLC designation is given by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners. We are required to maintain eduaction and certification.